In this article I want to share with you the commands I most commonly used when working with symfony projects.
- ls command used to list files and directories. This command display the contents of your current working directory as below.
2. history command to show you all of the last commands that have been recently used. You can use the with grep command to search for specific keywords. For example, history | grep “cookie”
3. tail command returns the last ten lines of file that it is given. For example, tail var/log/dev.log
4. pwd command will return an absolute (full) path, gives the whole path starting from the root ending to the directory.
5. htop command is an interactive real-time process monitoring application, divided into three section CPU and Memory usage information, Load Average Uptime and View of Processes) which allows real time monitoring of the processes.
6. cat command display file contents to screen.
For example: cat filename.txt.
7. cd command (change directory) is a command used to switch directories.
- cd .. (with two dots) to move one directory up
- cd to go straight to the home folder
- cd- (with a hyphen) to move to your previous directory